OverviewThe BeagleBone provides a (debug) serial port to provide simple communication.
This port is available on connector J1 on the BeagleBone Black.
TXD is an OUTPUT from BeagleBone, RXD is an INPUT to the BeagleBone.
UART0 Baud rate: 115200 N,8,1
What you will need
- BeagleBone Black
- USB to Serial 3.3V TTL
- 6-pin adapter Right-Angle
- AC adapter 5 Volts, 2 Amp (recommended)
- Computer with available USB port
- BeagleBone expandable case Orange or Black (recommended)
- Alternate Serial Connection using CBB-TTL-232 cape
Steps to follow
- Install USB-to-Serial cable using 6-pin adapter.
- On Host computer start a terminal program such as putty, hyperterminal etc.
- Set the Baud rate to 115,200 Baud, N,8,1 on the COM used.
- Apply power to BeagleBone (via USB or 5VDC plug).
- As the system boots you will see messages.
- At the prompt: you can then log into the BeagleBone.