Tuesday, August 5, 2014
On 4:22 PM by Richard St-Pierre No comments
OverviewNeed to transfer multiple files from your BeagleBone Black to your PC or visa-versa?
There are many ways to transfer files. One method, friendly to windows user is WinSCP (Windows Secure CoPy).
What You Will Need
- A Host Computer (PC/laptop)
- BeagleBone Black
- BeagleBone expandable case Orange or Black (recommended)
- AC adapter 5 Volts, 2 Amp (optional)
- Download WinSCP
Step 1 - Download and Install WinSCPDownload WinSCP to your Windows PC.
Step 2 - Start WinSCPConnect your BeagleBone Black with the supplied USB cable.
Start WinSCP by clicking on the Windows Desktop Icon.
Step 3 - Configure WinSCPYou will need to enter some information about your connection.
- Make sure you select File protocol [ SCP ] from the pull down.
- Enter your BeagleBone Host IP address [192.168.7.2]
- Optionally you can have WinSCP login a user name [root]
- You may want to save your configuration (if you will be repeating this connection).
Step 4 - Login to BeagleBoneSelect the Login button at the bottom of the panel.
WinSCP will begin the login sequence.
Step 5 - File TransferA familiar dual panel allows you to simply transfer files, in either direction.
Just navigate to the file and drag it from the existing location to the destination panel.